For a free consultation about your building needs CONTACT US
A good builder will help you keep track of your building project by using a job checklist.
Below is one sample of a job progress checklist that will give you an idea of the process.
1. Go over plans, study & advise if problems are noted or foreseen.
2. SURVEY/ PERMITS/ ENGINEERING
a) Survey Perk Test
b) Septic Permits
c) Power Permits
d) Driveway Permit
e) Building Permit
Choose HVAC, Electrician & Plumber.
4. EXCAVATION/ SITE
Grading contractor selected w/ Gen. Man.
Haul Fill Dirt, Top Soil
5. Temporary Power
Set up Construction Phone
Underground power/ overhead power
Temporary Power Inspection
6. Lot staked,
Excavation of house site/ footers,
Septic install and temporary water service.
7. Soil Treatment,
Footer Inspection. Line up inspector 3-5 days ahead.
Footers (sleeves for mechanicals if needed) Footer steel, Bulkheads, include deck footers if at all possible.
9. Under slab Mechanicals
Plumbing, Radon, etc.
Foundation, Block wall start
10. Under slab prep
Chairs under steel in bell footings
11. Under Slab Inspection
12. BUILDING MATERIALS and LABOR
Truss Pkg. Floor Beams and Supports
Roof, Roof Pkg.
Ext. Deck Pkg.
Ext. Door Pkg.
13. Foundation Block Walls engineered, if needed, finished, according to engineering and Foundation Inspected
14. Pour Foundation wall,
J Bolts for decks,
q Chases for mechanicals,
Order engineering specs
15. Foundation waterproofing and drains--go heavy on drain placement and use filter fabric between gravel and fill dirt
Waterproofing, sill plates, sill seal/flashing
Ext. House Fireplace
17. First Floor Trusses, Joist, framing & sub flooring, Treat floor with sealer if floor is going to be exposed for long.
18. 28-day backfill. This requirement is the waiting period after walls are poured and 1st level floor installed before backfilling around building foundation walls. Gravel, drain, filter fabric can be installed prior to 28 day backfill. See General Manager
19. Erect package i.e. log, timbers, framing panels, etc.
Exterior deck framing.
Stairs (temp or perm.)
22. Plumbing vents through roof and range hood vent through roof if applicable
23. Building Framing Inspection
24. Finish fascia and soffit
25. Roof felt/Titanium UDL
26. Roof Product install
27. Window and Door Install (Exterior)
HVAC and Electrical/electronics
Consider exterior paint/ sealing choice
28. Rough-in Inspections
Insulation: Main House, Basement/ Crawl
Window/ Doors Insulation Inspections
Interior stone. *Consider interior paint process
31. Floor coverings:
Carpet: wait until the last possible moment with least amount of foot traffic possible
32. INTERIOR TRIM
Vanities Specialty/ Built-ins
33. INTERIOR FINISHES
34. MECHANICALS--FIXTURES & FINISH
HVAC-Fixtures Plumbing-Fixtures Electrical-Fixture
Lighting Fixture/Interior, Light Fixture/ Exterior
36. EXTERIOR FINISH
Paint, Stainq Masonry wood
Specialty/ Interior Doors
Top Soil, Sod/ Lawn, Plantings
39. FINAL TESTING
Testing/ Cleaning Septic
40. Whole House Cleaning
41. Owner inspections, Punch lists
Mountain Construction is a full service custom builder offering Log, Timber Frame, Structural Insulated Panels nationally as well as local New Construction of any type and Remodeling and Restoration services. We are NAHB Certified Green Professionals.
To find out how we can help you build or remodel your home CONTACT US.